Petr Rumyantsev Transdanubia (01.15.1725 - 12.19.1796), Count, Field-Marshal. He was born of the marriage orderly PETER I Alexander Ivanovich Rumyantsev and Countess Maria Andreyevna Matveeva. Peter I, a wedding Rumyantsev and his flighty and changes his mistress Matveeva, and after the marriage has provided her a great location. Many thought the new-born son of a king, and the godmother was Catherine I. In 15 years, Rumyantsev was sent to Berlin to acquire diplomatic skills, but the youth was distinguished by such "extravagance, idleness " that the Messenger of Brakel hastened to get rid of him. Finally being able to enter military service, Rumyantsev, four years later became a colonel. The first great victory won Rumyantsev during the Seven Years War (1756-63 gg.), When in 1757 the cabinet decided the outcome of the battle of Gross-Egersdorf. Then followed the successes in the battle of Kunersdorf (1758), taking the fortress of Kolberg (1761). Frederick II, told his ...
Comments
Post a Comment